In honor of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) Week (September 11-17) The Arc of Atlantic County pays tribute to our 200 employees who work side by side with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to help them live, learn, work and play in our communities. They are our job coaches, family support associates, residential staff, case managers, and others who work every day to:
- Build trusting relationships with the people they support
- Help people with their most intimate needs, every day, through a broad range of supports
- Help people stay connected to their families and their communities
- Enable people to live meaningful, productive lives
- Enable people to live in communities like everyone else, instead of institutions
- And so much more…
On Wednesday, in all issues of the Press of Atlantic City’s Hometown section, The Arc will run this ad featuring the names of every Direct Support Professional in our employment. Please take a moment to share your appreciation to our DSPs by leaving a comment below!